My second blog award! Oh what fun.I feel honoured (especially since it feels like I’ve been neglecting the site a bit. I am on vacation after all). I have tried to be versatile on this site. Even though the majority of my writing (published here) is poetry there is a bit of prose as well (I am a prose writer after all). But there are also ordinary blog entries about my life, about politics, and about new and emerging technologies only to name a few of the things I write about. However – One cannot simply accept a reward and be happy with it. There are things I have to do. Rules.
First off I have to thank the one who gave me the award. A Regular Pakistani Teenager! Thank you for enjoying my blog as much as I enjoy yours!
Secondly – I have to state 7 random facts about myself that I have not mentioned anywhere else on the site. This will be hard! It seems I am the one person who knows myself the least. I’ll still give it a try.
- Most things I do and/or say are contradictory. Even though I work out nearly every day and try to be healthy I love eating sweets, chocolate, ice cream etc.
- I hope – or rather believe – that my writing will one day change the world and the life of men and women. The prose I have written so far contains high levels of political and socio-economic commentary. This will increase with my later novels.
- I am currently brewing coffee. I love coffee but it can make it difficult for me to sleep at night if I drink coffee too late in the evening.
- I sometimes pretend to be on the phone to get out of awkward situations.
- I own a soul. My friend traded me his when we were about 11 years old. He traded it for a few Magic: The Gathering cards. One of them was Blistering Firecat.
- Even though I work out all the time (it’s nearly an addiction) I am terrible at sports. I cannot even catch, kick, or hit a ball.
- Reading was never a main hobby of mine. I always preferred to watch movies or play video games. I think the problem was that I never managed to get hold of a book I really enjoyed. It was not until I read Magic: The Gathering Onslaught Cycle Book I (Onslaught) by J. R. King at age 11 I realised how great a written story could be. Ironically I loved to write ever since I was 8 (which is when I got an old PowerBook from my mom. Since I couldn’t use it to play games I wrote stories).
Now comes the third and last part of the award. I have to pass it on to recently discovered blogs. I’d like to quoth myself from when I received the Liebster Blog Award before I continue.
Normally I don’t like “receive and pass” things like this but it is actually a very nice gesture to show you appreciate someone’s work (and blog)! I, for one, was very happy when [the awarder] nominated me. So of course I’ll pass it on. I’ll try to chose blogs that have not already received the prize at some point.
The only rule I have set myself is not to chose people I gave the Liebster Blog Award to. Here we go!
- Will of Heart – There is much diversity in his writing and content. Everything from poems, photos, and prose can be found here!
- Espressivo – A blogger posting lots of wonderful poetry, prose, and even scripts (at least one that I’ve seen so far!).
- SodStar – Diverse in content! Everything from personal posts about her life to wonderful poetry.
- The Whisperings of a Soul – Wonderful writer with different kinds of writing. Why don’t you go on and read the recently published novel extract?
- Cryin for the dying – What I find most interesting about this blog is that the content and writing style is very different from anything else I have seen on WordPress.
- MadAdaM – This is diversity! Photos, poems, poems about the photos, quotes, political commentary and prose.
- Musings of a Wanderer… – Another recently discovered blog. Of what I’ve seen so far the writer has a nice touch for imagery. Though there is mostly poetry here there are some lovely photos as well.
- Preobrazhenskii – This writing reminds me of “Musings of a Wanderer” in content and style but it is ever so beautiful!
- Write am I – Not only is there writing of all kinds here but there are posts about writing as well. Nice!
- A Glass of Bubbly – Poetry, clips, pictures, daily “do you know” posts. This one’s a goodiebag!
- Defeated and Deleted – Mainly poetry but the content and style varies while retaining the distinct style of the author. Worth checking out!
- Chasing Moonlight – This one’s not recently discovered (it’s one of the first blogs I followed) but her blog is still worth mentioning because it is interesting and contains a lot of varied content!
- I wear my heart on my blog – Is there anything better than poetry? Probably not – and this writer has a lot of it! Distinct and varied.
- Rahafibrahim – One of the few blogs that posts one-line/sentence poems in the title instead of the body text. Adding this to traditional poetry and you have a wonderful mix of powerful words!
- Djemila – Mainly poetry but it is varied both in content and style. A versatile poet in other words!
There. I hope everyone enjoys their award and I hope that more people are encouraged to visit their sites and read their material! I spent the whole morning doing this so I’ll take a break for the rest of the day now.
– F H Hakansson
29 thoughts on “The Versatile Blogger Award!”
I am definitely not surprised that you won this award, Fredrik. You are a very talented writer, and a very interesting blogger. Congratulations!
Thank you so much for your compliments! It really means a lot to me 🙂
I honestly truly feel grate because this is my second time I received this award , it inspire me more to share my wordings …. thank you so much …. more power…. 🙂
Congrats!! And thanks a heap for nominating me, I feel … honoured!! 😀 I was actually thinking a few nights back about how cool it would be if I got the Versatile Blogger award. And now the box is ticked 😀 Anyway, a bit awkward for me as I don’t really follow fifteen different blogs …
You’re welcome 😀 It’s a no brainer since I thoroughly enjoy what you write and publish on your site! If you don’t know 15 other blogs it’s fine – just accept it, give us the 7 random facts, and send the award to one of two 😀
And congratulations to u too because you deserve it, u’re such a great and talented writer who share to us an incomparable works of wordings ….
Thank you! You deserve the price as well (which is why you’ve received it twice now haha). The award is truly encouraging and affirms one’s ability to write 🙂
Congratulations my friend, ………… 🙂
Thank you so much! 😀
I am deeply honoured to receive such an award and of your glowing praise of my blog 🙂
You have immense talent and creativity and it is always a joy to pop over to your blog, at every opportunity.
Do keep up the good work 🙂
You’re welcome! Talented writers should get recognition 😉 And I thank you for your generous comment! 😀
Thank you..I am quite flattered. I do have someone in mind to pass it to! I, as you did, must think of something approriate. Well done and again..thank you..:-) ..Peace Tony
I’m glad you have people in mind to pass it on to! You deserve this award and I’m glad I gave it to you 🙂 regards, Fredrik
Congrats man 😛 You deserve it.
I loved your random facts…..get’s to know you better 😛
Thank you! 😀 haha, it was very hard to come up with good things to write but I think I managed to come up with some good facts. I’m glad you enjoyed them!
Congratulations! And you really do deserve this award as your writings speak for themselves and an award would be the best kind of acceptance and acknowledgement that would honor them! And thank you so much for nominating me and I truly feel honored that you like my work. Coming from a writer like yourself, it means a lot 🙂
Thank you so much for your kind words! Yes, I agree. Awards such as these truly encourage us to write more. This leads to improved writing and hopefully, one day, we can write a true masterpiece that will last a hundred years. I’m glad you enjoyed being nominated 😀
Congrats – and thanks for continuing to read my little blog! Have a lovely day – Kathleen
Thank you so much! I’ll keep reading your blog – of course 🙂 Regards, Fredrik
Grattis till utmärkelsen, det förtjänar du!
Hey! Thank you so much…I was pleasantly surprised as I have just started posting. I am a bit clueless in ‘blogging’..wrote these poems in 2006/07…and have shared it only with a few close friends until my cousin opened me to this world 🙂
Congratulations to you too on the award…your work is beautiful..makes me smile and sometimes burst out in laughter.
PS Thanks for being the first person to like my words..(the first time I was pleasantly surprised) 🙂
I’m glad you decided to share them with the world! It’s no use in hiding good writing 😉
Thank you for your kind words! It means a lot that people enjoy my work (especially since I’m getting a bit nervous since it’s almost time for me to find an agent).
You’re welcome! I hope you get a lot more people who enjoy your work soon 🙂
I am sure your novel will be epic, just as you believe….keep smiling and enjoy x
very well deserved! keep posting! im sure, many more on the way 🙂
Thank you! 😀 I will keep posting. This is just the beginning 😉
Congratulations on your versatile blogger award and thanks for subscribing to my blog. I look forward to reading more of your sci-fi.
Thank you for your comment and the subscription! 😀 It really gladdens me that you’re looking forward to some more of my work. I’ll keep visiting your blog as well 🙂