My second blog award! Oh what fun.I feel honoured (especially since it feels like I’ve been neglecting the site a bit. I am on vacation after all). I have tried to be versatile on this site. Even though the majority of my writing (published here) is poetry there is a bit of prose as well (I am a prose writer after all). But there are also ordinary blog entries about my life, about politics, and about new and emerging technologies only to name a few of the things I write about. However – One cannot simply accept a reward and be happy with it. There are things I have to do. Rules.
First off I have to thank the one who gave me the award. A Regular Pakistani Teenager! Thank you for enjoying my blog as much as I enjoy yours!
Secondly – I have to state 7 random facts about myself that I have not mentioned anywhere else on the site. This will be hard! It seems I am the one person who knows myself the least. I’ll still give it a try.
- Most things I do and/or say are contradictory. Even though I work out nearly every day and try to be healthy I love eating sweets, chocolate, ice cream etc.
- I hope – or rather believe – that my writing will one day change the world and the life of men and women. The prose I have written so far contains high levels of political and socio-economic commentary. This will increase with my later novels.
- I am currently brewing coffee. I love coffee but it can make it difficult for me to sleep at night if I drink coffee too late in the evening.
- I sometimes pretend to be on the phone to get out of awkward situations.
- I own a soul. My friend traded me his when we were about 11 years old. He traded it for a few Magic: The Gathering cards. One of them was Blistering Firecat.
- Even though I work out all the time (it’s nearly an addiction) I am terrible at sports. I cannot even catch, kick, or hit a ball.
- Reading was never a main hobby of mine. I always preferred to watch movies or play video games. I think the problem was that I never managed to get hold of a book I really enjoyed. It was not until I read Magic: The Gathering Onslaught Cycle Book I (Onslaught) by J. R. King at age 11 I realised how great a written story could be. Ironically I loved to write ever since I was 8 (which is when I got an old PowerBook from my mom. Since I couldn’t use it to play games I wrote stories).
Now comes the third and last part of the award. I have to pass it on to recently discovered blogs. I’d like to quoth myself from when I received the Liebster Blog Award before I continue.
Normally I don’t like “receive and pass” things like this but it is actually a very nice gesture to show you appreciate someone’s work (and blog)! I, for one, was very happy when [the awarder] nominated me. So of course I’ll pass it on. I’ll try to chose blogs that have not already received the prize at some point.
The only rule I have set myself is not to chose people I gave the Liebster Blog Award to. Here we go!
- Will of Heart – There is much diversity in his writing and content. Everything from poems, photos, and prose can be found here!
- Espressivo – A blogger posting lots of wonderful poetry, prose, and even scripts (at least one that I’ve seen so far!).
- SodStar – Diverse in content! Everything from personal posts about her life to wonderful poetry.
- The Whisperings of a Soul – Wonderful writer with different kinds of writing. Why don’t you go on and read the recently published novel extract?
- Cryin for the dying – What I find most interesting about this blog is that the content and writing style is very different from anything else I have seen on WordPress.
- MadAdaM – This is diversity! Photos, poems, poems about the photos, quotes, political commentary and prose.
- Musings of a Wanderer… – Another recently discovered blog. Of what I’ve seen so far the writer has a nice touch for imagery. Though there is mostly poetry here there are some lovely photos as well.
- Preobrazhenskii – This writing reminds me of “Musings of a Wanderer” in content and style but it is ever so beautiful!
- Write am I – Not only is there writing of all kinds here but there are posts about writing as well. Nice!
- A Glass of Bubbly – Poetry, clips, pictures, daily “do you know” posts. This one’s a goodiebag!
- Defeated and Deleted – Mainly poetry but the content and style varies while retaining the distinct style of the author. Worth checking out!
- Chasing Moonlight – This one’s not recently discovered (it’s one of the first blogs I followed) but her blog is still worth mentioning because it is interesting and contains a lot of varied content!
- I wear my heart on my blog – Is there anything better than poetry? Probably not – and this writer has a lot of it! Distinct and varied.
- Rahafibrahim – One of the few blogs that posts one-line/sentence poems in the title instead of the body text. Adding this to traditional poetry and you have a wonderful mix of powerful words!
- Djemila – Mainly poetry but it is varied both in content and style. A versatile poet in other words!
There. I hope everyone enjoys their award and I hope that more people are encouraged to visit their sites and read their material! I spent the whole morning doing this so I’ll take a break for the rest of the day now.
– F H Hakansson